The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 3 > Left Behind
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Left Behind Air Date: 4/4/2007 60 minutes EP: 315
Written by Elizabeth Sarnoff & Damon Lindelof
Directed by Karen Gaviola

Old 04-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #21
billy76
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Didn't Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREDTAYLOR View Post
HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE DIED in the past 3 months, and several people are MISSING and the red shirts are having a pig roast?

Now come on.
Ha! That's funny!

Last edited by billy76; 04-05-2007 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-05-2007, 02:43 PM   #22
Malachy
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce110 View Post
So... wait... did Juliet drag Kate out into the jungle and then put on the handcuffs? Or did Juliet wake up next to Kate in the jungle and then put on the handcuffs?

Because if it was the former, Juliet could have simply walked around and found Jack. If it was the latter, she could have told Kate THE TRUTH (I know! Right?), and if Kate didn't believe her, she could have, you know, just followed her! What was going to happen? Kate was unarmed! Was she going to outrun Juliet?

(Also, pssssst, Juliet: A good way to get someone to believe that you're "in it together" is to... not antagonize her with stories about how she supposedly broke her love interest's heart!!)

I actually thought that the Others handcuffed Kate and Juliet together, but that Juliet just happened to have the key in her pocket. I know, it sounds silly, but think of the alternative!

Also, "loved" that it took Jack all day to wake up and that Sayid just moseyed on over all, "Hey."
I am similarly confused --- I didn't get it.

So, Juliet dragged Kate into the jungle and handcuffed her -- why? Huh? Didn't Kate just end up hating her anyway and Jack was her ticket to the Losties beach anyway?

Why go through all the lies and drama needlessly?

Oh, wait, I forgot who writes this series (TPTB) and why (to eat up time).

Two episodes in a row of jarring filler. We still have no continuation of the Locke/Locke's Dad cliff-hanger from three episodes ago.

Cutsey Sawyer for the ladies?

Kate/Juliette cat-fights and mud wrestling for the perceived fanoby audience?

And why in the world aren't the Losties about to take over the Others now-abandoned village?????

It's not even a fair fight anymore. It's like TPTB have thrown in the towel, acknowledged their writing pointless filler with nonsensical "plots", and aren't even trying to cover it up or defend it anymore.

I literally don't understand what was supposed to be happening last night.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #23
Semisan
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

All good points on the episode being bad. I wasn't too impressed. Not one thing happened this hour that moved the story forward. Everything that did happen could have happened in 10 minutes. Everyone woke up talked to Julia and Kate about where everyone was, and leave....done!

And I was pissed on the fact that they were not even considering using the village as a new home base. Hello, running water, electricity, rec room, seperate accomedations, and a fence to protect them from Smokey??

But then the end of the episode Sayid was alive, and I was all happy. Plus next week sounds interesting, and
Old 04-05-2007, 04:13 PM   #24
polusmaximus
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

The episode was OK at best. Well the Island stuff was anyway. Flashback was totally useless, it showed us what exactly?

Let me guess; Johnny the mechanic will show up in Juliet's flashback next week?

The writers are trying a little too hard to be mysterious when there is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED TO BE!. Why the big mystery regarding Juliet being handcuffed to Kate?

I can understand when you guys dont reveal too much stuff about the monster or Dharma etc. But seriously what was so hard about showing us if Juliet was a willing or non willing participant? It sure as hell aint going to change our opinion about her! This episode could of seriously been trimmed down to fit a 30 minute time slot...just like most episodes this season.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #25
PapaThor
Business Class
Rubicon Kitty

Additional Info
Stats

this episode did nothing for me.
it was the same "been there, seen that, done that..."

no new information was revealed but more
lies from the same liars - the same frustration
with the characters and their words and actions.

i don't think i have every seen a tv show with
so many liars, lies, cons, cons on cons,
retro-cons, mysteries, misdirections, red herrings,
obtuse characters, [ feel free to add your comments here... ]

and as proof, most of the posts and threads
on this forum are either pure spectulation or
interpolation* or just plain guessing.

couple that with having to go online
to complement and at times supplement
the program, no wonder so many people
have left the show.

if i have to keep second guessing
the characters along with their words and actions,
then i have to ask myself:

1. why do i continue to watch?
2. are we the viewers being conned?
3. is this entertainment?
4. is this worth watching?
5. [ insert your question here... ]

bottom line: for me the "lost bubble"
is about to pop and when that happens
i know i could not care less.

and i am caring less and less with
each passing episode.

* interpolation = putting meaning into a text,
or plot that is not there.
the opposite of interpretation
which is to take meaning out of a text or plot.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #26
colin72
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachy View Post
And why in the world aren't the Losties about to take over the Others now-abandoned village?????
I thought the exact same thing when Jack said something about taking what they could and leaving. Do they really need to live on the beach under tarps held up by sticks now? What is their plan exactly? What are they doing? Are they waiting on that small stretch of beach for a boat to sail up? Seriously, what the hell are they thinking? There's no SOS signal, no signal that could be seen by a plane overhead... WHAT ARE THEY DOING?

These people are a big group of idiots. Even Gilligan's Island had smarter castaways.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #27
Jen1
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

I didn't hate the episode but it didn't make me feel that "Lost is getting better".

So actuallly a lostie and an Other (though left behind) are handcuffed to each other. Kate, who was basically the prisoner of the Others a few days ago, does not ask Juliet anything about the captivity/Others in two days. I can understand that the writers do not want to give answers but avoiding "logical communication" for that (may be the only consistent pattern in the show) is a big flaw. I really wonder how they will go with Juliet, another Other with knowledge at the hands of the Losties...

I'm really fed up with beach stories centering around Sawyer who is losing his edge within themes of romance and comedy. Why do Losties need to turn to Sawyer for leadership?? There are supposed to be around 40 people at the beach. We are made to believe that just because the writers use 5 main characters and 4 of them are not at the beach, the only choice for leadership is the 5th main character, a con man??? This is such a bad plot. Hurley's comment to Sawyer about him making people forget that they are screwed was ironic as no one at the beach look stressed at all. There is nothing to forget as they don't seem to remember anything.

Last edited by Jen1; 04-05-2007 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:25 PM   #28
Eigen
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Kate and Juliet rolled around and fought, got their t-shirts soaked through, and then got covered in mud. Was this episode written by frat boys?

After five strong episodes in a row (yes, I enjoyed the N and P episode) this one felt contrived.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #29
we are getting nowhere
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

I laughed off almost everything in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen1 View Post
I really wonder how they will go with Juliet, another Other with knowledge at the hands of the Losties...
But that bit was quite interesting. If Juliet turns up at the Beach Camp, is ANYONE going to ask her who 'the Others' are, wtf they are playing at, and why in hell they didn't help the plane crash survivors get off the island and go home?
"This is not your island. This is our island. And the only reason you're living on it is because we let you live on it".
"We don't want to live on your freakin' island! We want to get off this craphole! Just show us how and you won't see us for dust!"

Now that Juliet is no longer one of 'Them', I'd force her to decide if she wants to be one of 'Us'. Best way to prove she's not one of 'Them' is give the Losties some answers.

So you'd think the writers would be forced into making Juliet provide some plot exposition.
But then all Sayid said was "She's not coming". I guess that's a sign they'll duck the issue. Again.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:36 PM   #30
pibbsneaker
Eating pizza in
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekHall View Post

No kidding. Isn't this the same smoke monster that put the pilot FAR up in a tree? I didn't measure it myself, but I'm pretty sure that the pilot was higher than the height of the fence. Hey, sentient smoke monster - go over the friggin' sonic fence! You're a smoke monster! Or shimmy up the concrete column!
HAHAHA Seriously, if it can't jump over the fence it can definitely rip up a tree from the ground, lean it against the pylon, and balance itself all the way over there 5 inches above the sonic blast. But wait, that just sounds silly. Just like it did when Kate crossed it.