The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 3 > Left Behind
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Left Behind Air Date: 4/4/2007 60 minutes EP: 315
Written by Elizabeth Sarnoff & Damon Lindelof
Directed by Karen Gaviola

Old 04-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #11
DerekHall
Economy
Lovin' me that Halfrek wit!

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Didn't Love it.

You'd usually be hard pressed to get me to post in the "Didn't Love It" thread, but when the epi was over, I turned and asked my wife, "So what happened?" Nothing. No advancement. Locke is up to something. Wow. Jack is on his way back to the Losties. Hmm...never saw that coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileysdad View Post
And..a PROFESSIONAL CON MAN having to be told HOW to get in good with someone??? Is this not what he does for a living? Can he not figure out how to sweet talk Claire without Hurley helping him??

Jack being out for...what...24 hours? And all it takes if for Kate to say.."It's me??"
Good points, Baileysdad. I was so bummed by the episode I didn't even think of it rationally. Sometimes I watch LOST and don't even realize the obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin72 View Post
And how is it that people can climb the fence but the smoke monster is stopped cold like Daffy Duck sitting a brick wall?
No kidding. Isn't this the same smoke monster that put the pilot FAR up in a tree? I didn't measure it myself, but I'm pretty sure that the pilot was higher than the height of the fence. Hey, sentient smoke monster - go over the friggin' sonic fence! You're a smoke monster! Or shimmy up the concrete column!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #12
quizzical
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

It felt like another throw away episode. I know we learned some interesting tidbits - the Others control the fence, the Others know about smokey but need to keep him out, John went somewhere with them - but the execution seemed clunky. Expose was better written.

And what was up with that crap on the beach? Hurley makes Sawyer be nice to people - again. To help Sawyer be the beach leader - for half an episode. Waste of tme!

Last edited by quizzical; 04-05-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:09 AM   #13
bryce110
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

So... wait... did Juliet drag Kate out into the jungle and then put on the handcuffs? Or did Juliet wake up next to Kate in the jungle and then put on the handcuffs?

Because if it was the former, Juliet could have simply walked around and found Jack. If it was the latter, she could have told Kate THE TRUTH (I know! Right?), and if Kate didn't believe her, she could have, you know, just followed her! What was going to happen? Kate was unarmed! Was she going to outrun Juliet?

(Also, pssssst, Juliet: A good way to get someone to believe that you're "in it together" is to... not antagonize her with stories about how she supposedly broke her love interest's heart!!)

I actually thought that the Others handcuffed Kate and Juliet together, but that Juliet just happened to have the key in her pocket. I know, it sounds silly, but think of the alternative!

Also, "loved" that it took Jack all day to wake up and that Sayid just moseyed on over all, "Hey."
Old 04-05-2007, 10:55 AM   #14
throbbing hyena
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

I didn't necessarily hate it, but can we call it quits with the backstories that just rehash things we already know? Hurley and Kate's recent backstories didn't tell us anything new, and smelled yet again of filler. We KNOW Hurley is unlucky, we KNOW Kate was betrayed by her mother. Those stories were told and told well. Additionally, unless the connection between Cassidy and Kate is going somewhere relevant, the role of Cassidy in Kate's story might as well have been played by any other actor. There was no point to her presence beyond, "ooh, look who it is!" Looking forward to next week's Juliet-centric episode, which will no doubt tell a new story...
Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #15
zoraca
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Better than last week, but it simply provides further evidence that Lost is slowly devolving into a soap opera. At this rate, Lost should be moved to daytime by Season 4.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #16
Astrohman
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

This was actually the first episode I've watched since the break. I was basically done with the show after what I thought was a pathetic first half to season 3. I turned it on last night out of boredom more than anything and man o man, I see the show has slipped even further. I was hoping that maybe I would see something that would rekindle my interest in this once great show but no, there was none of the magic that made the first season (and some of the second season) some of the finest television I've seen. Oh well, I guess I'm just one of the many who have stopped watching.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #17
Sajimi
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

"I didn't necessarily hate it, but can we call it quits with the backstories that just rehash things we already know? Hurley and Kate's recent backstories didn't tell us anything new, and smelled yet again of filler. We KNOW Hurley is unlucky, we KNOW Kate was betrayed by her mother. "

I agree. Which is why I didn't mind Nikki and Paulo so much. New people means new backstories.

As for this episode - there just seemed to be a lot of credibility stretching. Maybe this will be explained later, but the Others don't seem to mind killing people. Why would they have left Jack, Kate and Sayid there to recover and plot against them?

And Juliet staging the handcuffs? What was the point of that again? Why didn't she just get Jack to help her?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #18
Ferris
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

I'd have to add also that I am very burned out on cons, mindgames and lies at this point. They have been used incessantly this season. I'd like to see the writers get away from that tactic... if only for a little while.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #19
sandleford
Snob Police
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
I'd have to add also that I am very burned out on cons, mindgames and lies at this point. They have been used incessantly this season. I'd like to see the writers get away from that tactic... if only for a little while.
Yeah. I'm kind of tired of that whole theme. It even stretches back to the middle of last season with the Henry/Ben are followed up by Michael's deception. The main problem with overusing "deception,' is that now the audience can't really trust anything anyone says. Unless, we have confirmation from a podcast or an interview with TPTB.

The more characters that are shown to be adept at lying the more confusing the show gets, because ultimately I really don't believe anything Juliet said in this whole episode. In that sense I guess "deception" has been a constant for a while. But to what end? The various "cons" and Ben's need to have people "want to be here" seem like overly elaborate ploys that serve as yet another layer of detours toward the final answers of the show.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #20
FREDTAYLOR
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

I thought it was an ok episode but HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE DIED in the past 3 months, and several people are MISSING and the red shirts are having a pig roast?

Now come on.