The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 3 > Left Behind
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Left Behind Air Date: 4/4/2007 60 minutes EP: 315
Written by Elizabeth Sarnoff & Damon Lindelof
Directed by Karen Gaviola

Old 04-04-2007, 02:00 PM   #1
Karri
Captain

Additional Info
Staff
Stats
Gaming
Wii Friend Code:
1768 6518 7616 0200

Wii Game Code:
Brawl: 3265 5271 2154 Pokemon BR: 0430 6882 3752

DS Game Code:
Pokemon Diamond: 3308 1796 4550

Click Here
Didn't Love it.

Didn't like the ep? Tell us why.

This thread is for those that did NOT like the episode. If you liked the ep please visit the "Loved it!!!" thread. If you want to debate the episode (likes and dislikes), then please take your comments to the "Rate This Episode" thread or start your own topic. Any off topic posts will be deleted and possibly warned or given infraction points.

Thanks!!!

If you have questions or comments, please post them to the Questions for Admins and Mods board before PMing me. You might get a faster response and help keep my inbox from overflowing. Thanks!!!

Check out our sister site Flicks N Shows!!!
You can chat about your favorite movies, comics, books, video games, music, TV Shows and more!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #2
Shillelagh61
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Didn't Love it.

No, I didn't love it; I didn't even like it. I'm fed up with flashbacks. There is enough going on in the present that flashbacks for characters such as Kate, Jack, Locke and Sayid are overkill. Yep, so we found out Sawyer's last girlfriend really was pregnant. Uh-huh. And that she and Kate met. More karma. Uh-huh. I guess soon we'll find out that they have all met each other at one time or another. Six degrees of separation.

I'm really annoyed with CTV that they don't show previews for the next week anymore.

There was very little advancement of the story. Why did the Others leave? Why is the monster after Kate and Juliet? (and really - I'm sure the monster could have gone over the fence when Juliet turned it on).

I'm really hoping I can stick with Lost to the bitter end just to hopefully learn more about the important things. But really, the rest of this season, more filler crap in season 4, and probably MORE filler crap for most of season 5 until they wrap it up in the last 2 episodes with more questions than answers.

And to think - I used to be a real die-hard Lost fan. Colour me disillusioned. ;>(
Old 04-04-2007, 10:45 PM   #3
SithLordDarth
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

Yes, I didn't love it. Yes, I'm Canadian, and I've already seen the episode. I'm tired. I'm tired of the runaround that the writers figure they can pull whenever they are in a tight spot with the storylines. Uh...like what on earth happened to Locke's father? There was a nice little cliffhanger 2 weeks ago and this week I was hoping it would get resolved. Instead all we get is Locke telling Kate that he's leaving with the Others. Excuse me? WRITERS, HELLO! You are missing the "how to". Like "How to get from point A to point B. You're missing that. There was absolutely no resolution with that storyline. Writers, get your act in gear, will ya? And now Locke, it seems, is on his way out. First Mr. Echo and now Locke. What are you writers doing? ***Mod edited*** Know this: Remove Locke, remove half your audience. Period. Anyway. Lost is lost. 'Nough said.

Last edited by Starrox; 04-05-2007 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Disrespectful to VIPs
Old 04-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #4
goldfinch
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

I completely agree with the first two posts. Filler on the beach, smokey over the invisible electric fence, Locke's father, nowhere flashbacks, etc. etc. etc. Come on, we are die hard fans or we wouldn't still be here, and we deserve more. Very dissapointing. nuf said.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:24 AM   #5
jessisue16
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

This show continues its nose-dive down to the depths. Let's see how redundant we can make one episode:

1) ooooooh, the others are mysterious and do odd things with no explanation
2) losties do not ask appropriate questions at appropriate times
3) kate runs and is let down by people

Wow, those writers sure know how to write a fresh and compelling story line. For good measure, we threw in some Juliet/Kate mud wrestling action. Hopefully that appeals to the lowest common denominator of the viewing audience and keeps the ratings from continuing to slide.

Every week this show drives me further away. I didn't even watch this week, just had it on in the background while I did other stuff. I remember the day I would hang onto every word and would sit on the edge of my seat.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:35 AM   #6
JayIsLost
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats
Not watching it live again

Iam seriously fed up with Lost. Iam tired of waiting a week to be fed even more crap i wont find the answers to the following week. Iam officialy not watching it live on TV anymore. Im going to D/l the episodes of the internet. And im not gonna d/l them the following week becuase... well i told you why. Iam gonna just wait untill the end of the seasons, that way i can get all the episodes at once, watch them all and "NOT" know what is going on. No TV ratings from me anymore!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:09 AM   #7
Baileysdad
The Mod Squad

Additional Info
Staff
Stats

And..a PROFESSIONAL CON MAN having to be told HOW to get in good with someone??? Is this not what he does for a living? Can he not figure out how to sweet talk Claire without Hurley helping him??

And the flashback?? The point? Kate is running, the marshal is chasing, she tries to see her mother again? The only point was her being matched up with Cassidy..and to what end? If she told her Sawyer's name there would have been a point to it...it made no sense other than to give us yet another connection.

Jack being out for...what...24 hours? And all it takes if for Kate to say.."It's me??" Kate and Juliet thrashing around in the jungle? Kate having one of her former captors HANDCUFFED to her and totally at her mercy...and all she wants to know is if Jack said she broke her heart....GAH!!!!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Council of Elders #14 ...
We're not old...just older! (and really funny)

Founding and confused member of Thebasement
MR.FUSELAGE 2007
Old 04-05-2007, 01:41 AM   #8
colin72
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baileysdad View Post
And..a PROFESSIONAL CON MAN having to be told HOW to get in good with someone??? Is this not what he does for a living? Can he not figure out how to sweet talk Claire without Hurley helping him??

And the flashback?? The point? Kate is running, the marshal is chasing, she tries to see her mother again? The only point was her being matched up with Cassidy..and to what end? If she told her Sawyer's name there would have been a point to it...it made no sense other than to give us yet another connection.

Jack being out for...what...24 hours? And all it takes if for Kate to say.."It's me??" Kate and Juliet thrashing around in the jungle? Kate having one of her former captors HANDCUFFED to her and totally at her mercy...and all she wants to know is if Jack said she broke her heart....GAH!!!!

Well said. It's really just more of the same.

Characters defy common sense and don't ask relevant questions. And now we have Locke making mysterious and ambiguous statements like the Others? Great.

Flashbacks repeat what we already know, add little or are pointless filler. How many times were we told that Sawyer was a con man? And yet he doesn't know how to get in someone's good graces? That reminds me of being told constantly how Kate runs when she's in trouble yet she failed to walk out of an open cage.

Kate and Juliet are handcuffed together and Juliet has the key? Juliet says Ben likes to play games? So... he handcuffs them together and puts the key in Juliet's pocket? It seems to me that it was just something TPTB thought was "cool" so they made up a lame excuse for it to happen. There's one contrived situation after another on this show.

And how is it that people can climb the fence but the smoke monster is stopped cold like Daffy Duck sitting a brick wall?
Old 04-05-2007, 02:33 AM   #9
CountChocula
Economy

Additional Info
Stats

I wish there was a "neutral" thread... We've been asking for that for two years, but they don't want to make that a sticky. That's where I'd be.

The pro's: The flashback wasn't horrible (like Jack's in Thailand). But hopefully this will be the last Kate flashback. It's run its course. No more Kate-backs.

Also, we did have the ensemble cast, which was lacking early in season 3.

Interesting analogies (Cassidy and Juliet both betrayed, left behind; Jack and Kate's mother -- Kate did a favor for each, and it backfired badly both times).

The bad: NO mention of Locke's father!!! I'm assuming they're deliberately keeping us waiting.

Also, more talk from the Others (of whom Locke is now one?) that is just gobbly-gook.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:53 AM   #10
knaveheart
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

hated it, of course. the way the writers are feeding us with the damn fillers is getting ridiculous. I can imagine what crap awaits us in season four and five. why wouldn't they just wrap it all up in season 3, unfold the mystery, get over it and proceed with writing some new stuff. kate's flashback - are u kidding me the whole thing over again thumbs down, TPTB, me no longer a lost fan