The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 3 > Left Behind
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Left Behind Air Date: 4/4/2007 60 minutes EP: 315
Written by Elizabeth Sarnoff & Damon Lindelof
Directed by Karen Gaviola

Old 04-05-2007, 12:28 AM   #21
ZoeWashburne
Flying high on Serenity
On The Tarmac
Avi by mysticxf

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Loved it!!!!

I don't trust Juliet at all, but I do find her character very interesting! I wasn't expecting her to flip Kate over like that in the beginning or to have the key to the handcuffs... She's a shifty one and I think Jack's trust in her is misplaced! But that should make for some good drama (and some jealous Kate, which is fun). Looking forward to next week!

The flashbacks were okay - not my favorite, but not terrible. It was neat to see Cassidy's influence on Kate and I love the marshall (even if only for a few seconds).

But I loved the B-story. Hurley is amazing - I was not expecting his con - good job!! And I'm also glad Sun hasn't forgiven Sawyer yet. Not the best of the season perhaps, but still a very solid episode!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:32 AM   #22
pacejunkie
Perpetual Optimist
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockesmithe View Post
Another good episode. I'm beginning to think that season 3 will surpass season 2. At first I thought this was going to be a "transition" episode, and while I still think it was a transition episode, the more I think of it, the more I like what happened in this episode.
I already think this season has surpassed season two, and if Charlie lives, it may even surpass season one for me! I'm loving this season since the hiatus.

Quote:
I really liked the parallel between the flashbacks and the island story. At first, I thought Cassidy was going to con Kate or turn on her and turn her in for the money. Only at the end did it hit me that Cassidy was being sincere in her attempt to help her (is Juliet sincere about not wanting to be left behind a second time?). I'd like the next Kate flashback to flesh out the story behind Kate and the marshall, please.
I liked the girlfirend quality they had. Two fellow criminals helping each other out because they have no one else to trust. Notice how Cassidy is the only one that Kate ever told her real name to?

Quote:
The B story line was tolerable, and I'm wondering if this setting up Sawyer as "leader" will somehow lead to Sawyer being resentful of Jack returning to the throne. At least the writers found a way to include a lot of the sorely missed cast.
I recall the line from the Moth where Sawyer said, "The difference between us ain't that big." I think now that Hurley has put the idea in Sawyer's head, the idea of being the good leader like the doc will be intoxicating to him. I think Sawyer will get angry again when Jack returns and the beachies toss him aside for Jack's reluctant leadership once again. Add a confused Kate in the mix and it's going to get ugly.

Quote:
Kate and Juliet's time together was interesting, and it was a joy to watch these two actresses work together. Where'd old mousey Juliet learn to dodge and flip an adversary like she did to Kate? Not bad. Of course, just hearing Smokey got my blood flowing, and it was good to see him again. He has a bad habit of showing up and leaving me with more questions than answers, but it's always a pleasure seeing him. He seemed to do a heavy scan of Juliet--what was that all about. Of course, he appeared to come back for more, and the scene of Juliet getting past the fence in the nick of time was pretty exciting. I'd like to know what Juliet knows, but who can trust her?
What's interesting is that we know the Others are pretty bad even though they think they're good. Living where they do they probably haven't had too many close encounters with Smokey. Smokey may want to eat Juliet for lunch once it sees that she's not as good as she thinks she is. I think any Other that meets Smokey is in for a heap of trouble.

Quote:
Jack's frosty treatment of Kate was an interesting on-going development. And what the heck is Locke up to now?
I'm wondering when we'll see Locke again and with whom.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:39 AM   #23
lostgurl
Heading to the island in
On The Tarmac
We have to go back!

Additional Info
Stats

The main reason I loved this episode is because of smokey. Kate and Juliet were great together. Juliet seems evil, I still cannot believe anything she says. Hurley and Sawyer are hilarious. I'm glad Sun was there to knock Sawyer back down a few pegs.
Why was Desmond all gloomy the whole episode?
I don't like Cassidy.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:46 AM   #24
ANTIDEAD
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

After seeing the preview for this episode last week I expected this episode to be a let down. Turned out to be a very good ep, Locke is mysterious again, the monster is back, the beach plot was great, even Kate's flashback was entertaining. All that plus it moved the storyline along and shed some new light on the others. Much better than most of season 2, I'd say.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:06 AM   #25
Cardielost
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Hurley's con of Sawyer was one of many being set up here. I think the Others' departure was a bit of theatre to get Juliet ensconced at the beach. She was expertly sowing seeds of doubt about Jack's feelings for Kate (which moody Jack certainly didn't help) so she can wrap him around her little finger and do whatever she and Ben have cooked up. And who knows what Locke is thinking or if he plans to play the Others as the Island's right hand man. Clearly if he can get them out into Smokey's territory, there's going to be a lot of attrition. Smokey was so going to pulverize Juliet after "reading" her.

I loved the symmetry of the fb having Sawyer's former and future lovers balanced by having Jack's past and future on-island flames bonding in the jungle. Even if Kate's mom was crazy to excuse Wayne and still love him, I thought Kate needed to hear that she cold-bloodedly burned a man alive--not that she heroically rescued her Mom. And we already know that wasn't her real motive anyway.

Cardie
Old 04-05-2007, 01:08 AM   #26
outta_control
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

Great episode!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:15 AM   #27
pacejunkie
Perpetual Optimist
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

I forgot to mention I loved the musical montage. Another reminder of the happy beach family that's about to be upset by Jack's return with Juliet. They even made more overtures to include Desmond in the group finally. It perfectly paralleled what Hurley said about everyone being happy for a day before realizing they're all screwed. I think there's big trouble afoot.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:16 AM   #28
vangelicmonk
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

Rated an 8. So it's in the Love category.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:19 AM   #29
CountChocula
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Interesting analogies:

Cassidy = Juliet (each left behind / betrayed by someone)

Jack = Kate's mother (Kate tried to help each, but it backfired)

Thank god they're not showing more scenes of Sayid being tortured!

Usually Kate's flashbacks are poor, but this was all right. I don't think we need any more Kate flashbacks after this, however. Her flashbacks have officially run their course.

The first few episodes of this season were sub-par (culminating in the Jack in Thailand episode -- the worst of the whole series). But the writers have done a much better job since then. Does anyone know what happened and how they managed to "right the ship"?

Last edited by CountChocula; 04-05-2007 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:22 AM   #30
char
Painting with my Wacom in
Economy
LIVE TOGETHER DIE ALONE

Additional Info
Stats

Wonderful episode! I really liked the flashback story, Cassidy is a great character. I wonder if Kate's known all along about Sawyer's relationship with Cassidy. The on-island stuff was great as well. I wish Jack wouldn't trust Juliet, I sure don't. A lot to think about...good job!