The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 3 > Left Behind
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

Left Behind Air Date: 4/4/2007 60 minutes EP: 315
Written by Elizabeth Sarnoff & Damon Lindelof
Directed by Karen Gaviola

Old 04-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #11
wolffootball37
Playing drinking games with kate in
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Loved it!!!!

really liked tonights episode! Juliet and Kate were awsome! Great to have the monster back! Sawyer and hurley stuff was very funny, especially the stuff al the end, Hurley was literlay making me laugh out loud. Loved how Sawyer is trying to catch suns eye whyle hes doing something nice, but she wont look at him. Loved the flashbacks too. Kate and Cassidy were great, the mom stuff was good too. Next week looks even better! Pace i agree i didnt think i would like this either, but it really turned out great!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:14 PM   #12
TheDome
Economy

Additional Info
Stats

After watching Juliet jack Kate up in like the second minute of the episode they could have shown 55 minutes of black screen, and I'd have still loved it. That was awesome.

I did enjoy the Juliet/Kate interactions however, and I liked the B-plot with Sawyer and Hurley.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM   #13
rubyscarlett
Carrying the LV
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

It was a good solid episode. Set up everything nicely for the return to the beach and the smoke monster crashing into the fence was awesome!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #14
Dezdmona
Defying Gravity
Premium Economy
Building a Rocketship

Additional Info
Stats

I thought it was a really good episode, I think that there is a lot of important information packed into this episode; but I'll have to re-watch it to soak it all in.

I was having to explain sooo much back story to my husband during the show, that I couldn't really absorb everything as it was playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyscarlett View Post
the smoke monster crashing into the fence was awesome!
Loved that!

Last edited by Dezdmona; 04-04-2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-04-2007, 11:28 PM   #15
Locke and Load
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

Overall I liked the episode. All the island scenes were great. Smokey fence slamming, Othersville abandonment, Kate dislocates Juliet's shoulder...

I couldn't stand the flashback though. For me, it was just unbearable. Yea so Clementine isn't a con, wow. On the whole all it was was way too many flashbacks to show that Kate's mom was pissed at her, which we already knew.

Otherwise though, good episode.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:31 PM   #16
LostLaura
LL Cool Whisperer
Upper Deck
Olivier

Additional Info
Stats

Really good episode. Smokey, the scanning and the fence were very, very cool and helped gained a little bit of insight into that part of the mythology.
From the preview, I thought the Kate/Juliet stuff would be horrible but it was actually really great and interesting and funny. The FB parallels were really good and not boring, thankfully. I like that we finally saw the play-out of the theory of Cass and Kate being friends. Now Cass *has* to be the letter writer from BTR!
The confusion about Juliet's loyalties is so great and Sayid was great.
Locke is horrible, but interesting plot.
Where the heck is Danielle? Alex? What's going on with them? I'm intrigued.....
Oh and the B plot was adorable. Hurley conning Sawyer, a little bit of Des, Sawyer being adorable with the baby and his hair pulled back.... Sun not forgiving Sawyer. Love it.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:36 PM   #17
>Sobek<
Finally In
Premium Economy
Sobek, God of the Nile

Additional Info
Stats

Wonderful episode!

I loved the beach story. The Sawyer scenes were hilarious. I also liked Hurley talking about the "leaders" of the show, and it was cool to see Sawyer as a leader type, I never thought about that before.

Juliet and Kate was just amazing. I loved both of the characters, but together they are even better. And the monster was so cool- I wonder what those flashes were? Can't wait til next week!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:51 PM   #18
Melissa
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

I loved this episode. Wasn't too crazy about the Kate flashback. I did enjoy Kate and Juliet in the jungle. I loved how Juliet was the one who (I'm assuming) brought Kate out there. She was the one who handcuffed herself to Kate to have her bring her back to the beach. Great twist. Also loved how she knew about the monster. Can't wait for next week's.

Loved the B plot. I had a feeling Hurley was conning Sawyer into being nice to everyone.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:51 PM   #19
lockesmithe
Premium Economy
Loving Season Six

Additional Info
Stats

Another good episode. I'm beginning to think that season 3 will surpass season 2. At first I thought this was going to be a "transition" episode, and while I still think it was a transition episode, the more I think of it, the more I like what happened in this episode.

I really liked the parallel between the flashbacks and the island story. At first, I thought Cassidy was going to con Kate or turn on her and turn her in for the money. Only at the end did it hit me that Cassidy was being sincere in her attempt to help her (is Juliet sincere about not wanting to be left behind a second time?). I'd like the next Kate flashback to flesh out the story behind Kate and the marshall, please.

The B story line was tolerable, and I'm wondering if this setting up Sawyer as "leader" will somehow lead to Sawyer being resentful of Jack returning to the throne. At least the writers found a way to include a lot of the sorely missed cast.

Kate and Juliet's time together was interesting, and it was a joy to watch these two actresses work together. Where'd old mousey Juliet learn to dodge and flip an adversary like she did to Kate? Not bad. Of course, just hearing Smokey got my blood flowing, and it was good to see him again. He has a bad habit of showing up and leaving me with more questions than answers, but it's always a pleasure seeing him. He seemed to do a heavy scan of Juliet--what was that all about. Of course, he appeared to come back for more, and the scene of Juliet getting past the fence in the nick of time was pretty exciting. I'd like to know what Juliet knows, but who can trust her?

Jack's frosty treatment of Kate was an interesting on-going development. And what the heck is Locke up to now?

I agree with those posters who have commented that this episode had a season 1 feel to it, and that a season 1 feel is a good thing. While I think season 3 started a little shakey, it certainly has picked up steam to the point to where I am already starting to worry about missing it after the season finale. That pretty much explains how I feel about this episode, and the direction Lost is heading. Good work.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:20 AM   #20
dvd32355
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

Another great installment . Great story lines. And Now I know that the monster can't go over the others fence. Hmmmmm Interesting!!!! And I don't for a minute, believe that Juliet doesn't know what it is.Because they created the fence to keep it out!!!! Where will the story go now? I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!