The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Episodes > Lost Season 5 > The Incident
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

The Incident Air Date: 5/13/2009 120 minutes EP: 516, 517
Written by Damon Lindelof & Carlton Cuse
Directed by Jack Bender

Old 05-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #61
samantha739
Being hypnotized by Richard's eyes
Baggage
--- They got caught in a net

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Loved it!!!!

I just cannot fathom why folks on here did not like the finale. WHAT! Were we watching the same show. I never liked juliet and sawyer together because it did not seem like a believable setup. Tonight, I saw differently. I am still a skater but I saw for the first time that Sawyer and Juliet had a real, solid love. I felt bad for them.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #62
ILoveBenLinus
I have a lot of
Baggage
I miss Charlie...

Additional Info
Stats

This was an awesome episode! I cried my eyes out when Juliette was hammering away at the bomb. She seemed like she knew her and Sawyer would never be 100%. Kate would always be the variable in Juliette's and Sawyers relationship. So there was nothing left for her. But did the bomb explode or was that time travel?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #63
lostnadream
Coach

Additional Info
Stats

I read the 'Ddidn't like it' thread B4 coming here to post. The weak points for me are often what are show-stoppers for others who post there. Sad for them. Do they fall short sometimes? Sure. I could wish they'd hire a firearms expert so the big shoot-out scenes weren't so cartoonish. HINT: if a war is coming next season TPTB really need to do better!!!!! . I was slow to warm to it Season One, till the mystery became more palpable, the characters developed,and the plot started building complexity. Now the tapestry of plot,character,mythos and mystery is so compelling that I'm an addict. They have me hooked now, and there's no going back. For those who so impatiently find the implausible too off-putting and rate an eppy low, it's their loss. Faith is rewarded in this series. Suspending dis-belief and plunging head-first into the unknown of the story is always rewarded. The moe implausible,impossible,misleading,unbelievable the convolutions of story are, the more WTF the resolution is. And there are so many WTF moments, and not cheap thrills either. What else on TV delivers like this!?? I'm loving LOST, more and more all the time. Like any relationship there are disappointments (plot turns that didin't fulfill my wishful thinking, character losses that I wasn't ready for). TPTB are hampered by having to bring to fruition all the plot/character/mythos threads they had to weave into the story back when they didn't know how many seasons they'd be on, so now like in this finale it feels kinda crammed and some components less polished than I'd like. All-in-all, for me, Lost is more than the sum of it's parts; that's what makes it great, This finale was aa most most excellent adventure!!! Rating for me is a 9. The definitley brought it!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #64
OCKi
Baggage

Additional Info
Stats

The most epic finale of a television series ever!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:11 PM   #65
kucarachi
Busta Zippa
On The Tarmac
Does Evangeline Lilly come with the DVD?

Additional Info
Stats

I think the writers have definately made up for season 3 and some of season 4 with a solid season 5 from the 1st to last episode. You take away the kate storyline and wow the show is finally free flowing. And also they kinda toned down the Jack centric storyline and wow...no offense to matt fox but the show has been much better with him not being the true know it all that he once was.

Im sure that the plane isnt just going to land and we are just going to follow hurley on a 711 midnight snack fest...but does this mean every character is back? Boone, Shannon, and even michael & young walt..and even the much hated Charlie?! Lots of places to go next year but only a short time to tie them all together....i say if they cant do it in one year then dont...you can always have one more short season..there is no rush because there is nothing else out there with the emotion and action i cant see why everyone isnt watching this show.

But i give it an A-plus for killing off jacob before we even knew anything about him...The only problem i had was that everyone knew miles dad was missing an arm from watching the videos, couldnt anyone have given him a heads up? just sayin.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #66
1DocLover
First Class
"I'm going with you after I suck your face off."

Additional Info
Stats

IMO, it was one of the top 3 best eppys. ever. However, like it or not - Kate and her storyline, whatever it may be next season, aren't going anywhere and neither is the character of Jack, who will most undoubtedly be back front and center, in full force for Season 6. I can't wait!
Old 05-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #67
Pippi
Flat out
On The Tarmac
"No one is that lucky."

Additional Info
Stats

I loved it! The best cliff hanger season finale since "What's in the Hatch?"
Old 11-03-2009, 07:16 AM   #68
1DocLover
First Class
"I'm going with you after I suck your face off."

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
I don't even have words. How do you end a show like that? I gave it a ten because if they can make a finale like that, I can't even imagine what they're going to deliver to us for next year. Wow.

Unbelievable.
Next year will be here soon enough and given what we've heard so far, it sounds like this may just be the best season yet,
Spoiler:
especially given that it will be Jack-heavy!
That always makes for a great episode! (remember this is the "Loved It" thread.)
Old 11-05-2009, 05:58 AM   #69
sabirpirzada
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats

I agree, it was really quite something.

Especially the last scene, which is one of my favorites.