The Fuselage

The Fuselage.com: The Official Site of the Creative Team Behind ABC's Award Winning TV Show "LOST"
Sponsored by J.J. Abrams

Go Back   The Fuselage > Lost Characters > Season 2 Characters > Rose and Bernard > L. Scott Caldwell and Sam Anderson
Flicks N Shows Arcade Tags Social Groups

L. Scott Caldwell and Sam Anderson A place to talk about the actors. Please no personal attacks.

Old 09-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #1
LisiBee
Premium Economy

Additional Info
Stats
Sam Anderson: The perfect "Everyman"

I posted over in "Lost Sightings" about having recently been startled to spot Sam Anderson in a minor role in Stephen King's "The Stand" (TV mini-series). I say "startled" because every time I see this guy, it takes me by suprise how familiar he seems. He's been in so many things over the years (my favorite is still the Fonz-obsessed doctor in "Friends"). By now his face is well-known to me, but until recently I had to seriously stop and think specifically where I knew him from. It's only been since "Lost" that I can say, "That's Bernard!" His imdb.com listing is huge, he's been such an active character actor in so many things.

He also seems to have this innate sympathy and empathy to him, he's like the kindly neighbor, or a favorite uncle (or the doting husband ). Personally, I feel this bit of casting was nothing short of brilliant. I don't think I can picture anyone else as Bernard now, can you?
Old 11-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
t smitts
On The Tarmac

Additional Info
Stats
Re: Sam Anderson: The perfect "Everyman"

That's an interesting theory since the two non-Lost roles I know him best from are Dr. Jack Kayson on "ER", who is a total jerk and the lawyer Holland Manners on "Angel", who is outright evil.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:26 AM   #3
Liplocked
Waxing Ben's Baby Maker in
Business Class
'Roger', really.

Additional Info
Location: Portsmouth. England. ~ Where the population's dense & the architecture's brutal. Nice!
Stats

I've just watched him twice in less that twelve hours: first as a plane crashing murderer - Gasp!

- then as an FBI agent gently handling a worried mom. He was pitch perfect both times.

(I'm shocked by where I found this thread.... where's the love people?!)
Old 03-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #4
shootingstar
Having a drink with Sayid in
Premium Economy
The truth is out there!

Additional Info
Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisiBee View Post
He also seems to have this innate sympathy and empathy to him, he's like the kindly neighbor, or a favorite uncle (or the doting husband ). Personally, I feel this bit of casting was nothing short of brilliant. I don't think I can picture anyone else as Bernard now, can you?
I raelly can't picture anyone else playing the role of Bernard. He is able to portray the role of devoted husband extremely well. I always enjoy his scenes on Lost
Old 03-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #5
Liplocked
Waxing Ben's Baby Maker in
Business Class
'Roger', really.

Additional Info
Location: Portsmouth. England. ~ Where the population's dense & the architecture's brutal. Nice!
Stats

I needn't have asked "Where is the love?" since Bernie expressed his for his wife in # Ji Yeon, there are at least THREE threads dedicated to his worship. Sam sightings are being exchanged like currency too - this man SO rocks. He makes me happy.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:14 PM   #6
Felaries65
Economy

Additional Info
Stats

It's interesting because Sam Anderson was such a superb villain on ANGEL. He could give Michael Emerson a run for his money.